As a frequent follower of NOSE, you must have heard of the Odeuropa project. Many NOSE members are somehow involved in this daunting and exciting project, mapping the cultural significance of smells across Europe.
Three years have passed by in a flash. In December of this year, the Odeuropa project (https://odeuropa.eu) will draw to a close. To celebrate, the Odeuropa team would like to invite you to their final event, the Odeuropa Smell Culture Fair which will take place on November 28th, 2023 at the historic Trippenhuis in Amsterdam – the former home to Rembrandt’s ‘The Night Watch’.
The Smell Culture Fair will be a unique opportunity to learn more about olfactory cultural heritage and sensory data mining and meet experts and practitioners from related areas and industries. Please visit https://odeuropa.eu/smell-culture-fair-programme/ to learn more about the event.
A selection from our programme:
- Unveiling of the results of the Odeuropa Project
- Read the “Encyclopaedia of Smell Heritage”
- Navigate the “Odeuropa Smell Explorer”
- Engage with the “Olfactory Storytelling Toolkit: a “how-to” Guide for Working with Smells in Museums and Heritage Institutions”
- Interactive Training Sessions, Data Explorations, and Panel Discussions
- Learn how to Detect, Document, and Safeguard Historical Smells
- Explore the Tools, Olfactory datasets and Classifications created during the project
- Attend an Expert Panel on Scent Marketing, Technology, and Scent Creation
- Smell Culture Fair
- Exhibition by Industry and Business Entities; Research posters
- Closing Reception
- Networking and Refreshments
After the event, every participant will go home with the limited edition Odeuropa x IFF Historical Scent Collection which includes twelve special heritage scents developed over the course of the Odeuropa project.